Eight mortar attacks took place in Donbas region
Ukrainian positions were attacked 47 times over the past 24 hours
Mayorsk and Krasnohorivka, both in Donetsk region, were among the key hotspots in eastern Ukraine over the past day, ATO Press Centre reported at Facebook. Russia-backed militants fired mostly 82 mm mortars, grenade launchers and heavy machineguns. The vicinities of Donetsk were shelled 29 times, and near large government-held port city Mariupol, another 15 attacks were reported. Over the past 24 hours, eight mortar attacks took place across the combat area, with 58 mines hitting Ukrainian positions in Talakivka, Chermalyk, Hnutove, Krasnohorivka and Nevelske. Ukrainian servicemen returned fire from small arms.
After midnight, the militants stepped down combat activity.
Previously, on March 1, the enemy attacked the Schastya mobile group of Ukrainian troops. According to Olexandr Bryghynets, member of the Monitoring Mission of the Information Policy Ministry, automatic grenade launchers were used during the attack. On that day, Ukrainian strongholds in Donbas were attacked 29 times.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case