Eastern Ukraine conflict: Zaitseve town heavily shelled
158 mines hit the town in Donetsk region over the day
Russian proxies keep on shelling Ukrainian positions in Donbas, using the weapons banned by Minsk agreements. 33 attacks have taken place over the last 24 hours, ATO Press Centre reported.
Most of the attacks occurred in Donetsk region; positions near Luhansk, Mayorske, Avdiivka, Opytne and Novhorodske went under fire. “The hottest spot was in Zaitseve town. For one and a half hour, pro-Russian mercenaries have fired 158 mines from 120 and 82 mm mortars. Enemy mines also hit our emplacements near Avdiivka, Donetsk region – nine times for the last 24 hours. Besides, the militants fired grenade launchers and small arms in this area. Ukrainian fighters managed to hold their positions, using small arms, grenade launchers and heavy machineguns”, the message said.
Near Novozvanivka (Luhansk region) and Shyrokyne (Donetsk region), mercenaries fired heavy machineguns; a hostile sniper fired at Ukrainian positions near Schastya.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas