During anti-terrorist operation in Donbas 17.000 mines were defused
Militants plant MON-50 and MON-90 anti-personnel mines
Since the beginning of the antiterrorist operation (ATO) in the area of Donbas military engineers cleared 17 thousand explosive devices, stated spokesperson of Ministry of Defense Colonel Oleksii Chornobay, UNN.
“Ukrainian troops in the area of ATO continued to defuse the mine-explosive objects planted by Russian-backed militants. Last week Engineer units of Ukrainian Armed Forces found and defused 342 explosive devices in Donbas. Since the beginning of the antiterrorist operation, 17.202 explosive devices were cleared by the in the area of ATO military engineers,” as he said in his statement. Militants plant MON-50 and MON-90 anti-personnel mines.
As was reported September 13, the Normandy quartet maid a claim concerning launching the demining operation. Today the question of demining is really urgent one, as cases of mines explosions wounding the civilians become more and more frequent.
Every year about 2 mln mines are planted in the world, and only 100 thousand are defused. Among the leading countries by the number of mines located in the territory are Egypt, Angola, Iran, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, China, Cambodia, Mozambique, Bosnia, Croatia, Somalia, Eritrea, Sudan.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case