Drunken militants kill the civilians in Donbas
Eight ceasefire violations were recorded by the ATO press center
During the last week, at least three civilians were shot dead by the Russian-backed militants in a state of intoxication. "The militants shot the civilians as a result of careless handling of weapons in a state of intoxication. In respect of such acts the command corps regiment conducted checking for the presence of unregistered weapons and ammunition, which are deliberately hidden by the militants. The mid-level commanders spread rumors about a possible change of the regiment leaders who are not able to control the subordinates," according to the ATO press center statement.
An overall situation in Donbas remains calm, as notes ATO press center. During the last 24 hours eight ceasefire violations by Russian-backed militants has been fixed. Two armed provocations were recorded near Shchastia and Sokolnyky, Luhansk region. Ukrainian troops were fired with automatic grenade launchers AGS-17. Ukrainian positions near Donetsk, Zaitsevo, and Luhanske were attacked with heavy machine guns.
Russian Ministry of Extraordinary Situations is preparing to send the 38th so called “humanitarian aid” for Donbas, TASS. Since August 2014, Russia has sent 37 humanitarian convoys to Donbas and delivered more than 45 thousand tons of the humanitarian aid.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels