Driver carrying explosives detained in Starohnativka, Donetsk region
The police detained the man at the checkpoint on his way from militant-controlled area to Ukraine-held territory
Press service of the regional branch of the National Police reported this on May 7. “Toyota Land Cruiser Prado was moving from Hranitne village. Due to strengthened control at checkpoints, the workers of Volnovakha police district, Donetsk region, checked the car at Starohnativka checkpoint. There was a bag full of ammunition and explosives lying on the back seat”, reads the message.
Among the confiscated times were six TNT blocks, 126 detonators and a MON-50 landmine; the arsenal was sent for expertise.
The driver proved to be the resident of Kyiv. He said that a friend of his asked him to transport the bag across the division line. The illegal cargo was on its way to Volnovakha, a town with intensive transport connection, from where the ammunition could be moved anywhere, including the peaceful regions of Ukraine.
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas