DPR militants searched OSCE SMM cars
Gunmen asked OSCE staff about "equipment used for espionage"
The militants stopped the observers of the OSCE SMM in Ukraine at the checkpoint Lukove in the Donetsk region and searched their vehicle in violation of law. This is stated in the report of the Special monitoring mission.
“At 14:28 on 22 August, an SMM patrol comprising four SMM staff members and a paramedic in two vehicles was stopped by three armed men at a checkpoint in “DPR”-controlled Lukove (72km south of Donetsk). One of them demanded in a hostile manner to search the SMM vehicles. The patrol leader explained that searching SMM vehicles was not allowed, but the armed man insisted and went ahead to perform the search. While he was doing that, another armed man inside a bunker in front of the first SMM vehicle pointed – from a distance of seven-eight metres and during most of the time – a light machine-gun (RPK) at four members of the patrol who were out of the vehicles”, reads the report.
The gunmen asked OSCE staff about the "equipment used for espionage", and inquired about the whereabouts of the sixth member of the patrol, which they allegedly saw.
The OSCE SMM staff felt alcohol smell from the militants.
It is noted that the search lasted eight minutes.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case