DPR militant incarcerated in Moldova, faces 3 years of prison
The fighter to spend 3 years in prison
A soldier of the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic has been sentenced to 3 years of imprisonment in Moldova, said TRM, the state-owned national radio-TV broadcaster.
According to Moldova’s Prosecutor General, in spring 2014, the man joined the Sparta battalion, one of the Russia-backed illegal armed units participating in the Donbas conflict. For cash, he took part in armed clashes during the conflict.
November 5, the fighter was detained in Chisinau airport. He pleaded guilty.
The sentence could be appealed under conditions and time periods determined by the Moldovan law.
Since 2014 till now, 5 people in Moldova were found guilty of taking part in the Donbas conflict on the side of pro-Kremlin militants.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case