DPR demands to exact from Kyiv pensions compensation
DPR to appeal to international courts with the complaints against Ukraine
Self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) demands from Kyiv to recover the funding of pensions for those retired, who stay in the occupied territories of Donetsk region, Ria.ru. Earlier, around 6 thousand lawsuits were filed in Ukrainian courts, but they were rejected. DPR lawyers suppose that it opens the possibility of complying to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).
In November 2014, President Poroshenko signed an order to close all the state institutions and banks on the territory of Donbas, uncontrolled by the Ukrainian government. National Bank of Ukraine ordered banks to suspend financial transactions in places which are not controlled by the Ukrainian authorities on 7 August 2014. Due to the severe hostilities, people stopped obtaining their pensions since summer 2014. Only the Oschadbank continued to function in territories controlled by the DPR, but it also closed its branches there on 1 December 2014. Ukrainian government beleived that the armed conflict in Donbas would not take long. Ukrainian troops had been releasing one town after another, and payments of salaries and pensions, accordingly, resumed.
Tens of thousands of pensioners have registered their addresses as being in Ukrainian-controlled areas while still living in militant-controlled areas. They were forced to travel outside of the occypied areas to collect their pensions.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas