Donetsk "republic" recruits volunteers to assist warfare in Syria
Russian-backed militants of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic distribute propaganda materials calling to join the"international battalion" Crusader, the Defence Ministry's Intelligence Service reports
On the territory of the self-proclaimed DPR launched a network of recruitment points to enlist volunteers to participate in military actions in Syria, the Defence Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine reports.
"The deployment of recruitment network is established in the settlements in the occupied areas of Donetsk region in order to form “volunteer brigades” for participation in military operation in Syria. At least two of such recruitment posts were indicated in Donetsk. Also, the distribution of propaganda materials calling to join the "international battalion" Crusader was revealed in cities of Khartsyzk and Makiivka, [Donetsk region – ed.]," said in a statement.
The Defence Ministry added that mercenaries are promised to get high remuneration, although they are not provided with any of social guarantees.
As it was reported before, Russian Federation directly sends its troops from Crimea to Syria, dead soldiers were already brought to the peninsula, according to the leader of the Crimean Tatars Mustafa Dzhemilev.
"The Russian side directly sends its troops. For about a dozen dead bodies were brought to Sevastopol, they were sent to Syria to war. 10 coffins arrived in Sevastopol, and that is only in Sevastopol," Dzhemilev said.
On September 30 Russian Air Force launched the first airstrike in Syria. The bombing killed at least 30 people, including 12 children. Local media reported that there were no ISIS militants at that place, and aviation of the Russian Federation is bombing places where the opponents of the Assad regime are located.
The US State Department spokesman John Kirby also stated that the majority of Russia’s military strikes in Syria have not been targeted against ISIS or al-Qaida, and have instead attacked the moderate Syrian opposition. Also, the US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter said that Russian military campaign in Syria will have consequences for the country itself - "the Russians will begin to suffer from casualties".
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain