Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages
Thus, 133 convicts were transferred from occupied Donbas as of today
Militants of the self-proclaimed Donetsk republic transferred 23 hostages to the territory controlled by Ukraine on October 19. It is reported by the press service of the Verkhovna Rada Commissioner for Human Rights Valeriya Lutkovska.
Another 23 convicts were transferred to ombudsman. They were serving sentences in prisons in the occupied Donetsk region and expressed a desire to serve their sentence on the government-controlled territory of Ukraine.
Thus, 133 convicts have been moved from the occupied Donbas region as of October 19.
Recall that first time the Ukrainian prisoners were handed over in July 2015. The second transfer took place on August 5, 2015, and it was able to receive 20 prisoners from the detention center of Donetsk. On December 8, 2015 was held the third successful operation to transfer 20 convicted persons serving a sentence in Yenakiyevo penal colony number 52.
Subsequently, on 5 February 2016, 18 convicts of various institutions of the penitentiary system of the Donetsk region returned from militants to the government-controlled territory of Ukraine. April 20, 2016 were transferred another 20 hostages and another 23 were handed over on July 21.
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Playing disengagement 12 October, 20:30
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars