Donetsk and Luhansk students learn Donbas history instead of Ukraine’s history, - OSCE
Number of Ukrainian language lessons reduced from two to one per week
Pupils in the schools of the occupied territories in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions learn the Donbas history instead of the history of Ukraine. The Deputy Director of the one of the schools in Gorlivka, Donetsk region, said this to the observers of the OSCE SMM.
According to the OSCE, the number of Ukrainian language lessons was reduced from two to one per week, and the Donbas history is now being studied instead of the history of Ukraine.
Also, the observers note that the City College of Computer Technologies in government-controlled Toretsk (previously - Dzerzhynsk, 43 kilometers north of Donetsk) does not work at all.
Two residents told the observers that it has been closed since July 2014, when the roof of the building was damaged by gunfire.
The observers also saw a military base in Toretsk. It is located in the former psychiatric hospital, at a distance of about 600 meters from the children's home.
Recall that the State Fund for Regional Development allocated 38 projects totally worth of 239.5 million hryvnas (9.2 billion U.S. dollars); twelve of them concern the roadway infrastructure; six regard the power sector; another seven projects are to be implemented in the education area. Five more concern the water supply systems in the Donbas region.
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars