Donbas to face ecological deterioration, mercury may get into drinking water
Russian military began dismantling and removal of mercury plant equipment
In the temporarily occupied territory of Donbas Ukrainian Intelligence registered other facts of the destruction of infrastructure and industrial facilities, which could lead to a sharp deterioration of the ecological situation in the region, - reported the press service of the Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukrainian Defense Ministry.
In particular, on May 6 Russian militants started dismantling and removal of equipment of former Nikitovskyi mercury plant (closed since 1990, is currently in the "dry conservation" regime).
"In case of termination of the water pumps’ work on the specified object it may cause the "Seversky Donets - Donbas" waterpipe channel collapse, which, in turn, will lead to the halt of drinking water supply to most of the Donetsk region, because of mercury contamination; and also flooding of adjacent to the plant villages”, - reported the press service.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas