Donbas: Tank attacks in Avdiivka reported
32 attacks on Ukrainian took place over the last 24 hours
Pro-Russian militants once again stepped up military activity in the combat zone in eastern Ukraine, ATO Press Centre reports. Most of the attacks took place in Donetsk region, in the vicinities of Donetsk and Mariupol; another one was reported in Luhansk region.
On Sunday evening, militant opened fire from tank near Avdiivka. Later, an IFV, an AA gun and grenade launchers followed.
Ukrainian positions near Luhanske were shelled from 82 mm mortars, grenade launchers and machineguns. Near Svitlodarsk (Donetsk region), mercenaries fired 82 mm mortars, IFV and large caliber machineguns. Enemy snipers fired at outposts near Avdiivka, Zaitseve and Leninske.
Opytne took fire from grenade launchers, while government troops positions near Pisky and Maryinka (all in Donetsk region) were fired at from small arms.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars