Donbas: Russia-backed militants use Minsk-banned artillery
The incident took place in Shyrokyne village, Donetsk region
54 attacks were reported over the last 24 hours in war-torn eastern Ukraine, anti-terrorist operation HQ reports. Hostile 122 mm artillery shelled positions of Ukrainian troops in Shyrokyne. 82 mm mortars, grenade launchers and large-caliber machineguns were also used during firefights in that area.
Talakivka, Krasnohorivka, Hnutove and Vodyane went under mortar attacks. Avdiivka remains the hottest spot in the entire combat area; the enemy used wide range of weaponry – from small arms to mortars. Emplacements near Mayorsk, Butivka coal mine, Opytne and Zaitseve also went under fire from enemy mortars.
In Luhansk region, mercenaries attacked Ukrainian positions near Stanytsia Luhanska, Novozvanivka and Novoolexandrivka.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain