Fresh shelling in Ukraine's Donetsk region
Russian-backed insurgents continue using heavy-caliber weapons banned under Minsk peace deal
“In late hours of May 10, the militants opened fire at least twice”, the Anti-Terrorist Operation press centre reports. Russian-backed insurgents shelled government held positions near Luhanske in the Donetsk region using infantry fighting vehicles.
The insurgents are using heavy-caliber machine guns, banned under the Minsk peace deal, according to the ATO press center.
Sniper fire has also been exchanged in the vicinity of Taramchuk, a town near the strategic port city of Mariupol in southeastern Ukraine. Government reports suggest a spike in fighting in Donetsk and Luhansk following the May holidays.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars