Donbas: Identities of members of pro-Russian army sniper unit confirmed
Two of them are Russian citizens, - Ukraine’s military intelligence
Chief Intelligence Department of Ukraine’s Interior Ministry identified the sniper squad of Russian troops in Donetsk region. They serve with the 5th Detached Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 1st Army Corps that belongs to the Southern Military District of the Russian Federation. ‘The squad execute illegal orders of Russian military leadership and opens sniper fire in Maryinka, Slavne, Bereozve, Novotroitske, Novohnativka and Yasne (Donetsk region), ’ reads the message of the CID’s press service.
The snipers shoot to kill, aiming at both Ukrainian servicemen and local civilians. They also attack OSCE SMM’s observers as they stay at the Ukraine-controlled territory of the combat area.
The list of the identified persons includes 25 snipers; two of them are Russian citizens, the CID says.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels