Donbas: Enemy steps up combat activity
61 attacks reported over last 24 hours
The Mariupol sector took most of the attacks – Russia-backed militants opened fire 29 times in that area. In Maryinka, they opened fire from mortars and 122 mm artillery. Hranitne, Novotroitske, Pavlopol and Talakivka went under fire from RPGs, HMGs and small arms. 152 mm artillery shells hit Vodyane and Lebedynske; in Shyrokyne and Krasnohorivka, the enemy fired 120 mm mortars; heavy sniper activity was reported there, too.
In Luhansk region, Russian mercenaries opened fire 23 times. They used 82 and 120 mm mortars to shell Novozvanivka and Orikhove; 122 mm artillery was used in Popasna. Enemy mortars shelled Ukrainian emplacements in Luhanske, Verkhnyotoretske and Troitske.
Yesterday, October 16, an infamous DPR leader Arsen Pavlov, a.k.a. Motorola, was killed in a residential house in the occupied Donetsk. Both sides of the conflict confirmed his death.
Donbas: 44 attacks in Mariupol sector 19 October, 08:31
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Street in Vodyane town destroyed by artillery of Russian militants 17 October, 11:31
Donbas: Tank gun fire reported in Avdiivka 3 October, 08:30
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels