Donbas conflict: Ukraine’s army heavily shelled by Russia-backed militants
At least 30 attacks reported against Ukraine’s Armed Forces
Military action in east Ukraine conflict has become more intense over the night, ATO (Anti-Terroristic Operation) press service informs.
At least 30 attacks reported overnight.
‘Russia-backed militants shell Ukrainian positions near Avdiivka and Opytne with heavy machine guns, grenade launchers, 82 mm mortars and 120 mm mortars’, - according to the report.
Near Krasnohorivka, separatists shelled Ukraine’s Armed Forces with automatic grenade launchers, anti-aircraft missiles, an enemy sniper operated in the area.
Ukrainian military near Zaitseve were shelled with small arms, grenade launchers and BMP.
In Mariupol direction, near Shyrokyne, militants attacked with 82 mm mortars, near Hnutove – with grenade launchers, near Novotroitske they fired with anti-aircraft systems.
Near Stanitsa Luhanska, Russia-backed forces attacked with heavy machine guns and grenade launchers.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels