Donbas conflict: Situation remains tense in vicinities of Donetsk
Extensive artillery use reported in hottest spots of the combat area
According to the HQ of anti-terrorist operation, Ukrainian outposts near Avdiivka, Maryinka and Krasnohorivka were shelled from 152 and 122 mm artillery systems. Mortars were used to fire at Shyrokyne, Maryinka, Vodyane, Lebedynske, Berezove, Novoselivka II and Opytne, all in Donetsk region.
Avdiivka remains perhaps the hottest spot in the entire combat area; last night, pro-Russian mercenaries opened fire from 120 and 82 mm mortars, RPGs, heavy machineguns and small arms.
In Luhansk region, militants opened chaotic and unadjusted fire, shooting at Ukrainian emplacements near Novoolexandrivka, Stanytsia Luhanska and Novozvanivka.
In general, 64 attacks were reported since Thursday morning.
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars