Donbas conflict: mortar attacks reported near Donetsk and Mariupol
In total, 18 attacks took place over the day
Most of the firefights on March 4 took place in the vicinities of Donetsk. Pro-Russia militants used 82 mm mortars that are banned by Minsk agreements, ATO Press Centre reported.
In particular, they attacked Ukrainian outposts near Shyrokyne, Avdiivka, Opytne, Krasnohorivka and Butivka coal mine. An AA gun was used during the attack near Opytne and Krasnohorivka. Enemy snipers opened fire at government troops’ positions near Shyrokyne, Opytne and Pisky.
RPGs, heavy machineguns and small arms were fired near Maryinka, Avdiivka and Pisky.
Previously on March 4, Secretary of Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov said that currently, there are about eight thousand Russian regular troops stationed in Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Russia, however, has been denying any involvement in the conflict since it began in April 2014.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels