Donbas conflict: enemy mines hit Avdiivka and Nevelske
36 attacks have taken place over the day
The situation in eastern Ukraine remains unchanged as government troops hold their positions in Donbas, ATO Press Centre reports.
“The enemy used mortars to fire at Avdiivka and Nevelske (both in Donetsk region). The only reason the mercenaries use the weaponry banned by Minsk agreements is to provoke Ukrainian troops to return fire. Their final goal is to see that Ukrainian artillery, tanks and mortars return to the frontline and thus show that the Armed Forces allegedly escalate the conflict in Donbas”, reads the message.
Pro-Russia militants fired AA guns, large machineguns, grenade launchers and small arms in the industrial zone of Avdiivka, near Pisky, Luhanske, Novhorodske and Opytne. Novotroitske village took fire, too. In Luhansk region, the enemy attacked Ukrainian positions near Novozvanivka and Stepne.
ATO Press Centre reiterated that Ukrainian soldiers only return fire from small arms and grenade launchers, since the use of heavy weapons is prohibited by Minsk agreements.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars