Donbas conflict: 50 attacks, situation becomes tense, - AT HQ
Militants begin to fire from heavy artillery
There were 50 ceasefire breaches in the Donbas region over the last 24 hours. Anti-terrorist operation press service reports this on Facebook.
Russia-backed militants attacked Ukraine's Armed Forces in the Donetsk region 26 times. The enemy opened fire from automatic grenade launchers, 120 and 82 mm mortar, heavy machine guns and small arms in Avdiivka, Verhnetoretsk, Zaitsevo, Pisky and Luhanske. The pro-Russia troops fired from 52 and 122 mm artillery systems near Avdiivka, Zaitsevo, Kmyanka and Verhnetoretsk, all in breach of Minsk Agreements. Luhanske was attacked from the infantry fighting vehicle, and Avdiivka from tanks.
According to the report, there were 20 ceasefire violations in the Mariupol region. Russian mercenaries engaged fire from automatic grenade launchers, 120 and 82 mm mortar, infantry fighting vehicles and small arms in Vodyane, Shyrokyne, Maryinka, Krasnogorivka, Talakivka, Gnutove, Pavlopil, Chermalyk and Novotroyitske. Snipers were spotted in Krasnogorivka.
Ukrainian army in the Luhansk region was attacked 4 times. The enemy conducted fire from automatic grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms in Novozvanivka, Novoalexandrivka and Bohuslavske.
Recall that earlier Germany Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said that the ceasefire state in the east of Ukraine will come into force on Thursday night, September 15, and will last a week.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
40 attacks reported in Eastern Ukraine, - ATO HQ 6 October, 10:30
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars