Donbas: Combat activity steps up
66 attacks reported in the combat area over past 24 hours
According to the anti-terrorist staff’s press centre, most of the attacks took place in the vicinity of Donetsk and Mariupol, government-held port city in Donetsk region. Pro-Russian militants used various kinds of weaponry including those banned by Minsk agreements.
Luhanske, Donetsk region, was heavily shelled from tanks, heavy mortars and self-propelled artillery. Ukrainian positions near Novoselivka II, Berezove and Novotroitske also went under mortar fire. 122 mm artillery was used near Troitske. Near Avdiivka and Butivka coal mine, the enemy fired automatic grenade launchers and HMGs. Hostile AA gun was fired near Kamyanka.
In Luhansk region, Novozvanivka was the main flashpoint where militants fired from 82 and 120 mm mortars, as well as automatic grenade launchers. They also used 122 mm artillery to shell Ukrainian emplacements there.
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain