Donbas: Avdiivka under fire from Minsk-banned artillery
85 attacks on Ukrainian emplacements have taken place over the last 24 hours
Russia-backed mercenaries continue to use 152 and 122 mm artillery during attacks on positions of Ukrainian forces in war-torn Donbas. Avdiivka, Donetsk region, became the epicenter of these attacks last night, as more than 100 shells landed in this area over the last night, anti-terrorist operation HQ reported.
An enemy saboteur group opened fire on Ukrainian emplacements in the area of Bohdanivka, Donetsk region. Thanks to timely reaction and the retaliatory fire, the attack was quickly repelled.
Fire from mortars, grenade launchers and HMGs was reported in the area of Opytne, Avdiivka, Zaitseve and Pisky, all in Donetsk region.
The vicinities of Mariupol, the government-held port city, took fire as well. The enemy opened fire from mortars, IFVs and small arms. Hostile snipers were also active in this area.
In Luhansk region, 82 mm mortars and RPGs were fired on Ukrainian positions near Novoolexandrivka, Stanytsia Luhanska and Popasna.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case