Donbas: Avdiivka remains hottest spot in combat area
Mortars, grenade launchers and heavy machineguns were used near the town in Donetsk region
According to the anti-terrorist operation’s HQ, 16 attacks were reported over the combat zone. Avdiivka, Donetsk region, is the key flashpoint in the area. Russian-backed militants used 120 and 82 mm mortars, RPGs, large-caliber machineguns and small arms. 120 mm mines hit Ukrainian positions near Mayorsk.
82 mm mortars and small arms were used in firefights near Krasnohorivka and Vodyane (not far from government-held port city of Mariupol). Near Novohnativka, Ukrainian servicemen went under fire from under-barrel grenade launchers. Hostile sniper opened fire near Maryinka.
Near Stanytsia Luhanska, the enemy fired 82 mm mortars, RPGs, large-caliber machineguns and AA guns.
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars