Donbas: Avdiivka – hottest spot of military activity in ATO area
Militants shelled Ukrainian positions 79 times
Pro-Russian illegal armed groups shelled ATO positions 79 times over the previous 24 hours, ATO press center informed on Facebook.
“Militants attacked Ukrainian positions 16 times from 120 mm and 82 mm mortars near Pisky, Mayorsk, Zaitseve, Luhanske and Kamenky”, - it is said in the report of ATO press center.
The hottest spot of military activity remains Avdiivka, where militants shelled Ukrainian positions 19 times from mortars.
Russia-backed forces also attacked Ukrainian positions near Stanitsa Luhanska, Nevelske, Opytne, Hnutove, Zaitseve and Maryinka.
“Pro-Russian militants violate ceasefire regime both during the day and at night. During the day, militants attack their own positions in order to discredit Ukrainian Armed Forces in the eyes of civilians. At night, they attack ATO positions, considering that representatives of OSCE SMM are nowhere near the contact line at the time. In order to maintain positions Ukrainian Armed Forces opened fire 8 times against pro-Russian militants”, - ATO press center reported.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars