Donbas: “all for all” prisoner swap currently impossible, - OSCE
The topic of POW exchange remains and will remain on the table, the Organization’s Special Representative Martin Sajdik said
As the Friday meeting of Minsk Trilateral Contact Group is over, the OSCE claimed that there’s currently no way that the warring sides exchange prisoners in “all for all” format. “We can’t now ensure this, but the matter is being discussed”, Sajdik said after the session of the Trilateral Group. It took place in Minsk on March 11.
He added that the humanitarian subgroup insisted on allowing Red Cross members to visit the hostages, which would speed up the process of their release.
Ukraine’s Representative on the humanitarian subgroup Iryna Gherashchenko also said that the Ukrainian side in the Group persistently brought on the topic of release of hostages, including Ukrainian citizens that are held as political hostages in Russia.
As 112 International reported, earlier today, members of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics joined the negotiations in Minsk.
The result of the previous negotiation of the contact group was the signing of the document that prohibits military trainings with shooting near the line of contact as well as demining of 12 locations in Donbas along the line of contact.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars