Donbas: 73 attacks on Ukrainian positions since morning of August 18
Russia-backed mercenaries widely use Minsk-banned heavy artillery
Most of the attacks took place in the vicinities of Donetsk – in Troitske, Semyhirya, Luhanske, Leninske and Avdiivka, the militants fired 122 and 152 mm artillery. Enemy tank shelled Ukrainian positions in Troitske; infantry fighting vehicles opened fire in Novoselivka, Novhorodske, Verkhnyotoretske and Luhanske.
122 mm howitzers shelled outposts of Ukrainian troops in Myrne (not far from port city Mariupol). Maryinka, Pavlopol and Krasnohorivka went under fire from mortars and RPGs. Militants used grenade launchers and heavy machineguns to fire at emplacements near Shyrokyne and Novotroitske; in the latter, enemy sniper opened fire, too.
122 mm artillery fire was reported in Luhansk region – in Novozvanivka and Kalynove-Popasne. Positions near Zolote were shelled from 120 mm mortars and automatic grenade launchers.
Seven hostile drones were spotted over Ukrainian positions across the combat area.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars