Donbas: 14 attacks on Ukrainian positions in ATO area
Militants attacked from mortars, heavy machine guns and grenade launchers of various calibers
Pro-Russian militants carried out 14 attacks on Ukrainian positions over the day, informed ATO press center on Facebook.
Three attacks were reported in Mariupol direction, near Novotroitske. Militants attacked from 120 mm mortars, heavy machine guns, small arms and automatic grenade launchers. Ukrainian positions near Taramchuk were also shelled.
The situation was tense in Donetsk direction, in Adiivka and Maryinka. There, Russia-backed illegal armed groups shelled ATO positions from grenade launchers and small arms. Moreover, enemy snipers operated near Zaitseve.
Ukrainian Armed Forces returned fire three times today.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels