Diversion groups near Popasna in Donbas tried to break ATO defense, - press center
Militants attacked 52 times over the previous 24 hours
A diversion group of militants consisting of 10 people tried to break ATO defense near Popasna, Luhansk region, but Ukrainian forces managed to repel the attack, informed ATO press center on Facebook.
“ATO forces managed to repel the attack”, - it is said in the report.
52 attacks on ATO positions reported over the previous 24 hours: 39 attacks in Donetsk direction, 11 attacks in Mariupol direction, 2 attacks in Luhansk direction.
ATO positions near Zaitseve and Avdiivka were shelled from weapons prohibited by Minsk agreements – 120 mm and 82 mm mortars. Militants fired over 130 mines against ATO forces.
Strongholds near Popasna and Troitske were attacked from anti-aircraft missiles. ATO positions near Luhansk and Avdiivka were shelled from BMP.
Militants used grenade launchers and heavy machine guns to attack Ukrainian positions in Novhorodske and Mayorsk.
In Mariupol direction in Shyrokyne ATO forces were shelled from 82 mm mortars.
Enemy snipers worked near Nevelske, Maryinka and Krasnohorivka.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars