Disengagement starts in three sections in Donbas today, - Marchuk
According to Yevhen Marchuk, four more sections defined already
Disengagement of the parties to the conflict starts in three sections in Donbas today. Yevhen Marchuk, representative of Ukraine in the Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk announced that during his briefing.
“Practically, the agreement enters its new quality level. If the disengagement goes well, then actually it means new quality – the disengagement of the military units from the line of contact. The main goal is obviously to withdraw troops along the entire contact line. Disengagement starts in three sections today. Another four are already defined. We will have some other details on the other sections for disengagement on October 5,” – said Marchuk.
"Yes. We do have plan to increase the number of sections to 50,” – he said, answering the reporters’ question on the further intentions to increase the number of such areas.
SMM OSCE is constantly monitoring and verifying the process of disengagement on the approved sections for the division of the parties to the conflict in accordance with the framework agreement, singed yesterday, on September 21, in Minsk.
The three sections 2 x 2 square meters were defined to be created near villages of Zolote, Petrivske and Stanitsya Luhanska. The effect of a treaty may be applied to other sections of the battlefront, however they are to be defined during further consultations.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars