Delaying fake elections in Donbas is nothing but dirty tricks - Klimkin
Paris peace talks agreed not to delay but to cancel the elections in East Ukraine, Foreign Minister of Ukraine claimed
Foreign Minister of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin called a "dirty game" the recent report of leaders of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People`s Republics to postpone the elections.
"In Paris we agreed to cancel the elections, but the play with its postponing...I would rather not to comment on it. It is certainly a dirty game, and for today our absolute priority is to agree upon the conditions under which elections should take place, and the second is to agree on the election modalities:how to consider features of such elections, in particular, to ensure the voting and eligibility for displaced persons," Klimkin stated.
In addition, the possibility of holding the elections must be approved by the conclusion of the ODIHR [the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights - ed.], Foreign Minister stressed. "Namely, the ODIHR will make a preliminary conclusion about the presence of secure situation for the elections. If there is no such situation, then the elections are out of the question", Klimkin claimed.
Watch our video:
Subtitles On/ Off
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case