Conflict escalation takes place in eastern Ukraine, - Breedlove
Militants attacked Ukrainian emplacements 69 times on Thursday
NATO command claims that conflict escalation is taking place in Donbas. Philip Breedlove, NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe said this January 22, Ukrinform reports.
“We witness an increase in dynamics in of the escalation at the contact line in Donbas. For the last two weeks, the number of clashes grew significantly. Servicemen get injured and lose their lives”, Breedlove said, commenting on the situation in eastern Ukraine.
The Ukrainian military reports that the situation in the combat area grew tougher, as pro-Russia militants attacked positions of government troops 69 times. They used the weaponry banned by Minsk agreements.
Grenade launchers, heavy machineguns and small arms were used to attack Ukrainian outposts in Pisky, Opytne, Krasnohorivka and Maryinka. Mercenaries attacked positions near Troitske, Zaitsevo and Mayorsk from grenade launchers.
In the vicinities of government-held port city Mariupol, the enemy fired mortars and anti-tank missile launchers. A 120 mm mortar shelled Ukrainian emplacements near Starohnativka village.
ATO Press Centre Spokesman Yevhen Romanov stressed that mine-clearing works have slowed down across the combat area due to a snowfall that occurred Thursday. The spokesman added that repair works continue, and workers continue to fix gas and electricity supply systems damaged during previous shellings.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case