Chubarov: "There are more than 20 Crimean Tatars missing on the peninsula"
8 Crimean Tatars were arrested
Banned in the occupied Crimea Mejlis considered 21-22 Crimean Tatars missing on the peninsula , while Russia – only 7-8 persons, - reported the Chairman of the Mejlis Refat Chubarov.
At the same time hundreds of Tatars were detained.
"The number of detainees amounts to hundreds of people. We believe that there are 21-22 people missing, while the occupation authorities say there are only 7-8 people, there is a very large discrepancy in the figures. They believe that part of the missing "have disappeared on their own", - Chubarov said.
"Every day there are raids, searches in the homes of the Crimean Tatars, dozens of people are detained, someone are in jail, someone released, someone disappeared. And saying that these actions aren’t of a systemic nature in respect of the Crimean Tatars, of course is completely wrong ", - said chairman of the Mejlis.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas