Checkpoint near Maryinka in Donbas may be closed due to constant attacks, - Turchynov
17 enemy attacks across the combat area took place over the day
Since morning of February 10, Kremlin-backed militants mostly used small arms, grenade launchers and heavy machineguns during attacks on Ukrainian positions in Donbas. ATO Press Centre reported this at Facebook.
“17 attacks on our positions took place”, reads the message. Thus, emplacements in Avdiivka, Pisky, Opytne and Butivka coal mine were attacked. An enemy sniper opened fire near Maryinka.
“Novhorodske, Troitske and Novhorodske were fired at from heavy machineguns and RPGs. 82 mm mortars were used near Krasnohorivka village. Grenade launchers and small arms were used to fire at an emplacement near Shyrokyne, not far from large port city Mariupol”, the message says.
Besides, militants fired on Maryinka while civilians were present at the Ukrainian outpost.
Head of the National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov visited some emplacements of Ukrainian troops near the town in Donetsk region – Zaitsevo, Mayorsk, near Donetsk airport, Opytne and Butivka. According to him, Zaitsevo checkpoint will stay closed until the long-lasting ceasefire takes place in the area. “Maryinka checkpoint could also be closed due to the constant enemy attacks”, Turchynov said.
Earlier this day, Press officer of the General Staff of the Armed Forces Vladyslav Selenzyov said Ukrainian army is now fighting against 34.000 people in Donbas.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars