Britain and the United States to send their advisers to Ukrainian Ministry of Defense
The aim is to ramp up defense reforms
Great Britain and the United States will send their advisers to the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. This decision was taken by Secretary of State for Defence of the United Kingdom Michael Fallon and the United States Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter during their bilateral meeting in London on September 8, according to the Defense Ministry's press service.
"On the request of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine United Kingdom and the United States are dending their high-level advisers to assist in reforming the defense department. General John Abizaid, 4 level strategic adviser, will be sent by the US. Former commander of the land forces of the Armed forces of the UK Nick Parker will also arrive," - reads the statement.
The activities of these strategic advisers in Ukraine will ramp up the defense reform in Ukraine.
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case