Belarusian Olympic Committee slams unsatisfactory living conditions at Olympic village in Rio
No hot water, sewerage systems out of order, officials say, proving their statements with photos from the athletes’ accommodation at Olympic village
The National Olympic Committee of Belarus complained about the unsatisfactory living conditions in the Olympic village, with not much time to go before the Games begin. The NOC’s website administration uploaded a number of photos to prove their complaints.
‘There’s no hot water in the apartments, the cold water supply system functions only from time to time, the sewerage system is out of order; floors, windows and stair flights need cleaning’, the message at the NOC’s Facebook says.
Previously, leader of Australian delegation Kitty Chiller, told about the results of stress tests for local supply systems conducted in Rio jointly with the International Olympic Committee. During the tests, they switched on washbasin tabs and WC drain systems to check if they function properly. ‘The systems couldn’t take it. The water was running on the walls, there was a strong smell of gas due to problems with some flow-type calorifiers, and there was a short circuit in the electrical wiring’, Chiller said.
Boxing: Fury stripped of license 13 October, 16:02
Boxing: WBO to take away champion’s belt from Fury 11 October, 15:35
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Fury: ‘Why would I fear Klitschko?’ 10 October, 15:10
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain