Belarusian FM: Sessions of Minsk subgroups underway
All four subgroups are negotiating today
‘All working subgroups meet in Minsk for another round of talks to solve the situation in eastern Ukraine,’ the Foreign Ministry tweeted.
Martin Sajdik, the OSCE representative in the Minsk group, said he’d expected to pass the document that foresees complete pulling apart of the conflicting sides along the division line in eastern Ukraine. It was the main question raised by the security issues subgroup on Tuesday. During the Wednesday session, the political subgroup will talk about opportunities to hold the local election in the occupied areas of Donbas.
Representatives of the so called DPR and LPR continue to demand that Ukraine makes decision on holding the election before July 14, which is the last plenary day before the summer vacations in the Ukrainian parliament. However, Ukraine’s position hasn’t changed; Kyiv says elections in Donbas are impossible until security issues are solved. Besides, both Russia-backed separatists and Ukraine continue negotiations about the release of all POWs; militants demand amnesty for their comrades detained by the Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas. The issue of ceasefire is also yet to be solved.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas