BBC: UK ‘shocked and concerned’ over tragedy in Nice
British top officials express condolences to the families of the deceased
The UK Foreign Office is ‘standing by’ to help Britons in the French city of Nice, after a lorry crashed into a crowd killing at least 84 people (BBC).
British ambassador to France Julian King said he was on his way to Nice to join a team assisting UK nationals. Downing Street said Prime Minister Theresa May was being kept up to date on "this terrible incident". A spokesman said Number 10 was "shocked and concerned" by the attack, which happened during Bastille Day celebrations in the capital of the French Riviera.
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said he was "saddened by the appalling events in Nice, and the terrible loss of life".
Read the full article here: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36801346
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars