Avakov: 308 fighters of National Guard, volunteer battalions died in Donbas since April 2014
1,228 more were wounded
Since the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine began, 308 servicemen of the National Guard and volunteer battalions of the Interior Ministry lost their lives. Minister of Internal Affairs Arsen Avakov reported this at Facebook on Monday.
According to him, 205 of those are volunteers. 108 men served with volunteer battalions “Donbas”, “Azov” and the battalion of Gen. Serhiy Kulchytsky; 97 more were members of special task forces of the Interior Ministry.
1,228 fighters were wounded since the start of the conflict. According to Avakov, 41 fighters are considered missing in action, and ten more are being held captive.
Previously, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko noted that since the beginning of the military actions in Donbas, fighters of volunteer battalions have participated in more than 600 combat operations.
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas