Attacks by Russia-backed terrorists lasted throughout the night, - ATO Press Centre
82-mm mortar shells hit Hranitne village in Donetsk region
Pro-Russia fighters opened unaimed fire at Ukrainian positions throughout the night. The attacks mainly took place in Donetsk and Artemivsk area, ATO Press Centre reported on its Facebook page.
"Since 6 p.m. Tuesday till Wednesday morning, rebels launched a number of attack on our positions in the said areas. They used RPGs, heavy machineguns and small arms to fire at Novhorodske, Berezove, Opytne, Pisky and Maryinka. Luhanske and Zaitseve were shot at from RPGs", the report said.
Militants also fired at Shyrokyne and Hranitne, the latter was shelled from 82-mm mortars.
On Tuesday evening, a group of pro-Kremlin fighters attacked an outpost of Ukrainian troops near Avdiivka, Donetsk region. Former Head of Ukraine’s foreign intelligence, Gen. Mykola Malomuzh said that Putin needs such provocative scenarios to keep the conflict active. Thus, he can urge Merkel, Hollande and Poroshenko to negotiate and persuade them to officially recognize self-proclaimed DPR and LPR, offer amnesty for the militants and pass the law on elections on the occupied territories, which are to be held under control of pro-Russia fighters.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case