Army to get 40 new armored vehicles by late 2016
Five IFVs already sent to the Armed Forces, - Chief Engineer of Kyiv Tank Factory
’According to the defense order, we’ve got to produce and send the Defense Ministry 45 new BTR-3 infantry fighting vehicles. First five vehicles have been already passed this month’, Mykhailo Logvynenko, the Chief Engineer of Kyiv Tank Factory, told the press.
The new IFVs got the new DEUTZ engine with the capacity of 326 horse powers, and a new weapon station.
Kyiv Tank Factory belongs to the largest state-run defense company Ukroboronprom. For decades, it has been the key supplier of military vehicles, hardware and ammunition for the Armed Forces.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case