Armament withdrawal started in East Ukraine
During last three days peace and quite order was completely adhered by both sides of the conflict
In the conflict zone in East Ukraine the removal of equipment and weapons less than 100 mm caliber from the boundary line has began, ATO press center reports via Facebook.
"During last day from midnight till 07:00 pm in the area of Anti-Terrorist Operation illegal armed groups fully comply with the ceasefire. Two-day silence allowed both sides to start the process of removing equipment and weapons caliber of less than 100 mm from the demarcation line," said in a statement.
It is reported that the withdrawal will last for 41 days and will take place in several stages. For the moment, ATO forces in coordination with the representatives of the OSCE monitoring mission draw a list of weapons to be pull out from the contact line at a distance of at least 15 km.
As it was reported before, in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic ("DPR") stated that the withdrawal of tanks and weapons caliber less than 100 mm to begin after October 18 subject to the truce.
Overall, in the zone of conflict in Donbas, the peace and quite order remains during last three days. ATO press center reports that no violations of truce along the demarcation line from the side of the militants were recorded.
October 2, peace talks on Ukraine conflict were held in Paris. “Norman Quartet” - Merkel, Hollande, Poroshenko, and Putin discussed ceasefire and armament withdrawal in Donbas. The agreement on withdrawal of armament less than 100 mm caliber from the contact line in Donbas came into force October 3.
On September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed an agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas. Later, ATO spokesperson Andriy Lysenko announced the arms removal to start in Luhansk region.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case