Armament withdrawal started in East Ukraine
During last three days peace and quite order was completely adhered by both sides of the conflict
In the conflict zone in East Ukraine the removal of equipment and weapons less than 100 mm caliber from the boundary line has began, ATO press center reports via Facebook.
"During last day from midnight till 07:00 pm in the area of Anti-Terrorist Operation illegal armed groups fully comply with the ceasefire. Two-day silence allowed both sides to start the process of removing equipment and weapons caliber of less than 100 mm from the demarcation line," said in a statement.
It is reported that the withdrawal will last for 41 days and will take place in several stages. For the moment, ATO forces in coordination with the representatives of the OSCE monitoring mission draw a list of weapons to be pull out from the contact line at a distance of at least 15 km.
As it was reported before, in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic ("DPR") stated that the withdrawal of tanks and weapons caliber less than 100 mm to begin after October 18 subject to the truce.
Overall, in the zone of conflict in Donbas, the peace and quite order remains during last three days. ATO press center reports that no violations of truce along the demarcation line from the side of the militants were recorded.
October 2, peace talks on Ukraine conflict were held in Paris. “Norman Quartet” - Merkel, Hollande, Poroshenko, and Putin discussed ceasefire and armament withdrawal in Donbas. The agreement on withdrawal of armament less than 100 mm caliber from the contact line in Donbas came into force October 3.
On September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed an agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas. Later, ATO spokesperson Andriy Lysenko announced the arms removal to start in Luhansk region.
Four Ukrainian soldiers injured due to militants’ shelling 29 November, 15:01
Militants continue ceasefire violations in ATO zone 26 November, 22:09
Militants shelled ATO forces position 30 times during this day and night 1 December, 08:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:23Donbas: Shelling in Mariupol direction
- SOCIETY22:44Fidel Castro’s ashes were buried in Cuba
- UKRAINE TOP 22:03Germany does not recognize Crimea as Russia, - Steinmeier
- UKRAINE TOP 21:25House of People’s Deputy was attacked with rocket launcher in Kharkiv region
- UKRAINE TOP 20:32Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs is in Canada while Kniazhychi shootout is being investigated
- SOCIETY20:01Mayor and two journalists killed in gunfire in Finland
- SOCIETY19:23Gunfires in Finland: Three people killed near Russian border
- UKRAINE TOP 18:49Lutsenko personally controls investigation of five officers’ death
- SOCIETY18:13Kniazhychi residents talk about robberies by men in police uniform, - media
- SOCIETY17:27Main Christmas tree of the country arrived in Kyiv
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine