Apakan: Full and sustainable ceasefire is key to peace in Donbas
OSCE SMM Chief Monitor released statement on continuing ceasefire violations in the combat area in eastern Ukraine
Ertugrul Apakan, the Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Donbas, commented on the ongoing combat activity in eastern Ukraine (osce.org).
According to him, a ceasefire is a KEY step towards the restoration of stabilization, normalization and ultimately, peace. Adherence to a full and sustainable ceasefire is a basic requirement of the Minsk documents. It is a political and moral obligation, he added.
The Chief Monitor drew attention to the human cost of the continued ceasefire violations. “Ceasefire violations particularly affect the most vulnerable, women, the very young and the old,” he said. He noted in particular the deaths in recent weeks – in two separate incidents in Donetsk region – of five young boys, three of them brothers.
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas