AA gun fired at Ukrainian outpost in Mayorsk, Donetsk region
20 attacks took place across the combat area over the day
Russia-backed militants used mortars in attacks on Zaitsevo, Donetsk region. The enemy fired an anti-aircraft gun at emplacements of Ukrainian troops near Mayorsk. Small arms and grenade launchers were used near Opytne, Pisky, Maryinka and Butivka mine, ATO Press Centre reported.
Large-caliber machinegun fire was opened near Luhanske; RPGs hit Ukrainian positions near Novhorodske and Verkhnyotoretske.
In the vicinities of Mariupol, army positions near Pavlopol were shot at from grenade launchers. Near Shyrokyne, an enemy sniper opened fire.
Previously, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov said that Maryinka border checkpoint may be closed in the near future due to constant enemy attacks in this area.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain