While politicians debate on conflict in Ukraine, people become consumable material - Pope
Francis urged political leaders primarily to think about the people
While politicians discuss and develop approaches on the conflict in Ukraine, people become consumable material, stated Pope Francis during his speech to UN General Assembly, Vidia.
"Not only in cases of persecution for religious or cultural reasons, but also in situations of conflict in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Libya, South Sudan, and the Great Lakes region, first of all, it's not about the interests of any party, even the law, but the people. In wars and conflicts, there is the people, our brothers and sisters, men and women, youth and the elderly, children, who cry, suffer and die. At that time, when we enumerate the problems, develop strategies, and discuss, people become consumable material", he said.
Also the Pope called on all countries to peace, nuclear disarmament, and fight against climate change.
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case