Wages in the ATO area: 100 UAH per day, and 1000 per fight
In Kharkiv average legionnaire receives 2300 - 2600 UAH per month
Average soldier of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) gets 100 UAH per day and 1000 per one fight, as told the head of Kharkiv Regional Recruitment Social Service Viacheslav Dzhmil, said Kharkiv city-site Dozor.
A money allowance of servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) is still quite low. According to Dzhmil, average legionnaire receives 2300 - 2600 UAH per month, depending on his position and availability of service. Sergeants get 2800 – 3200 UAH, junior officers, who joined the AFU after military department graduation and have no seniority, receive about 3500 - 4000 UAH, squadron commanders get 4700-5000 UAH, and battalion commanders - 5300-5700 UAH.
If a soldier gets in the anti-terroristic zone, he relies allowance for each day of service, no more than 100 UAH per day. If soldier takes part in the military operation, the allowance is up to 1,000 UAH, and it is calculated automatically.
"After the operation is completed the unit commander submits a report to the higher command authorities about the fact of. Afterwards, headquarters prepare an order on the month results, indicating the military unit, and the names of soldiers who took part in the clashes and who relies surcharge," said Vyacheslav Dzhmil.
To compare, the minimal monthly wages in Ukraine is 1383 UAH for this year. National average salary for May 2015 is 4042 UAH.
Ministry of Defense states that for direct participation 100% of the monthly salary is paid, but not less than 3 thousand per month.
The officials give additional payment for their participation in military hostilities in terms of direct contact with the opponent, and for the demolishing military equipment of the opponents.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas