U.S. to provide $500 mln for Ukrainian soldiers training
Also John Biden promised to keep sanctions on Russia until the Minsk agreements are fulfilled
Vice President of the United States John Biden in his letter to the head of the Foreign Affairs Committee of Ukraine Hanna Hopko informs that “United States committed $2 bln in loan guarantees to Ukraine and over $500 mln in Assistance, which includes training programs in Yavoriv”. The text of the letter was published by Hopko on her Facebook page.
He also stressed that Russia as an aggressor in the Donbas conflict, must implement the Minsk obligations. “For this reason, the United States will keep its sanctions on Russia in place until the Minsk agreements are fully implemented, and we will press our European partners to do the same, - as stated in the letter. – Our sanctions on Russia for its actions in Crimea will stay in place until Russia ends its occupation of Ukraine’s sovereign territory”.
As was reported June 20, a massive U.S.-led military training Saber Guardian or Rapid Trident-2015 started in Yavoriv, Lviv region.
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case