UN is discussing the resolution on tribunal to prosecute MH17 suspects
The UN Security Council is working on consideration of the draft resolution on the establishment of an international tribunal to punish the guilty for the collapse of Boeing "Malaysian airlines"
"The Malaysian delegation submitted a draft resolution on the establishment of the tribunal. Currently, the experts are discussing this issue, but date has not been set for a vote yet", the press-secretary of the Permanent Mission of Russia to the UN Alexei Zaitsev informed “TASS” on this event.
Currently, the experts are discussing this issue, but date has not been set for a vote yet," said Zaitsev.
As reported before, last week the draft resolution and the proposed tribunal were introduced to the delegations of member countries of the UN Security Council.
The draft resolution indicated that the establishment of the Tribunal regarding the flight MH17 will serve as "an effective guarantee of an independent and impartial process to ensure responsibility" for the crash.
According to the document, all UN Member States must cooperate and act within the framework of the tribunal.
The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs rebuked the proposal to establish the UN special tribunal on the case of the MH17 flight MH17. Deputy Minister Gennady Gatilov said that Moscow believes this idea is ill-timed and counterproductive.
As reported before, the "Malaysian Airlines" passenger aircraft was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was shot down by militants July 17, 2014 in the Donetsk region. All 298 people died. Most of the passengers, 193 people, were citizens of Netherlands.
Earlier, Dutch experts concluded that the fragment, which stuck in the fuselage of the Boeing, is part of the Buk missile system. At the same time the Russian Defense Ministry refuted a message that Boeing was shot down by Russian air defense missile systems.
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars