Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine to negotiate in Minsk
Security, economic, political, and humanitarian working sub-groups meeting to be held afterward
The agenda of the Trilateral Contact Group talks embraces implementation of all components of the Minsk agreements. “Discussions will be held after the meeting of representatives of the four working sub-groups on security, economic, political, and humanitarian issues,” stated Dariia Olifer the spokesperson of Ukrainian ex-president Leonid Kuchma, who officially represents Ukrainian side in Minsk.
The previous meeting between the Contact Group and representatives of self-proclaimed Luhansk and Donetsk People's Republics was held on the night of August 4 in Minsk; it lasted for more than 10 hours. Now Ukraine's sub-group on security is trying to reach an agreement on withdrawal of tanks and weapons of up to 100 mm caliber. DPR leaders stated that the consensus on the prisoners exchange has been reached.
During the latest Normandy talks in Berlin (August 24), German Chancellor Angela Merkel stated that the Trilateral Contact Group, which works on stabilization of the Donbas conflict, must continue its work in the existing format.
Kremlin doubts success of Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 16:57
Minsk hosts video conference of trilateral contact group 18 October, 14:52
Minsk talks parties to discuss disengaging of forces in Donbas 5 October, 07:45
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars